Calling All New Orleans Bartenders!
Like music? Like booze? Like the sound of $500 cash, a weekend stay at the Hotel Monteleone, a pair of VIP tickets to the 2012 Voodoo Music Experience, and the chance to show off your mixology skills at Tales of the Cocktail?
If so, then the Melodic Mixology competition is right up your alley. All you have to do is create an original cocktail using Legendre Herbsaint 100 proof, name it after your favorite New Orleans song, and fill out the form below to enter.
Don’t wait! Submissions must be turned in by June 18.
Prizes and Perks
1. Winning bartender will be featured in the Herbsaint Lounge at Tales of the Cocktail on Saturday, July 28 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
2. $500 cash and a two-night stay at the Hotel Monteleone during Tales of the Cocktail
3. Two VIP tickets to the 2012 Voodoo Music Experience
4. A potluck package of rare OffBeat back issues and a set of OffBeat compilation CDs.
5. Other prizes include…
1. $100 Gift Card
2. Framed and Matted Herbsaint Vintage Ad Print ($100 value)
1. $50 Gift Card
2. Framed and Matted Herbsaint Vintage Ad Print
Herbsaint Swag Bag (Set of Herbsaint Truffles, T-Shirts, Coasters, Muddler, Vintage Ads, commemorative bottle of Herbsaint from the original bottling)
Herbsaint Swag Bag (Set of Herbsaint Truffles,T-Shirts, Coasters, Muddler, Vintage Ads, commemorative bottle of Herbsaint from the original bottling)
Melodic Mixology Official Rules
1. Cocktail recipe must be original, use Legendre Herbsaint 100 proof, and be named after a New Orleans song.
2. Cocktail recipe cannot include more than 7 ingredients.
3. Competition is only available to New Orleans area bartenders. Only 1 entry per person.
4. Cocktails will be prejudged by Herbsaint historian Jay Hendrickson.
5. Five finalists will present their cocktails at a closed, live judging on Monday, July 16.
Disclosure: Entering this competition constitutes permission for OffBeat and Sazerac to use winner’s name, bar, or restaurant and the recipe in it’s entirety for promotional purposes without further compensation. Top five finalists will be notified by email and/or phone on or around June 25, 2012.