* The economic development of the music industry is a priority for mayoral candidates
* Questions on music as economic development tool come up at forums
* Music industry professionals (and those that support music) are viewed as an important voting block
Music Swings Votes will not endorse a specific candidate, however, it will encourage all candidates to respond to music industry issues, create a public discussion on the economic impacts of music and put forward targeted goals that directly impact economic development.
TARGETED GOALS/ASK OF NEW MAYOR
- 1. Create and adequately fund an office of music industry development to support the efforts of musicians and music industry professionals in the economic growth of the industry.
- 2. Make music a stronger focus in the city’s brand development and advertising campaign.
MusicSwingsVotes.org, along with OffBeat Magazine and the Loyola Music Business Studies Program, will sponsor a mayoral forum to ask candidates what they will do to satisfy the platform requirements stated above. The forum will be on Monday, January 11, 2010 at Roussel Hall at Loyola University beginning at 6:30 p.m. We encourage anyone interested in putting music and entertainment on the candidates’ agendas to show up at this forum!