Photo by Stephen Maloney

Jazz Fest Will Announce Its Lineup Tomorrow

Hang in there, Jazz Fest lovers! The wait is almost over.

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival has confirmed that its 2017 lineup will be revealed on Friday, January 27. If past announcements are any indication, the announcement should come early in the day.

The festival dropped its 2016 lineup on January 19, while its 2015 lineup came on January 13. Music lovers were growing restless in recent weeks due to the lack of information regarding this year’s announcement, with many finding creative ways to express their frustration on Twitter (Jazz Fest, being the good sports that they are, have retweeted many of these hilarious posts).

Last year’s Jazz Fest featured performances by Paul Simon, Neil Young with Promise of the Real, Pearl Jam, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, My Morning Jacket, Snoop Dogg, Van Morrison, Steely Dan, J. Cole, Flo Rida, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Gary Clark Jr., Bonnie Raitt and many more. However, Stevie Wonder and Beck were among the artists who cancelled their sets due to inclimate weather despite being scheduled to perform.

  • David McCluskey

    It isn’t fair at all to the artists to say “Stevie Wonder and Beck were among the artists who cancelled their sets due to inclimate weather despite being scheduled to perform.”
    They had their sets cancelled on them due to public safety concerns. Stevie still came out and performed with a megaphone despite the festival shutting down around him. Don’t make them out to be the bad guys.

    • Tony G. Pizza

      They were not the bad guys, I don’t think people believe that or would have told them to risk their safety to perform. That said, I’d like to see them back this year along with Buddy Guy and Dr. John. The big name on everyone’s lips is one Sir James Paul McCartney. We’ll see.